Make it, Easy 2 Move (Hints & Tips) also answer's FAQ
Quick tips & things you may have forgotten, very helpful and worth a read..
- Have an Essentials Box to put on the van last. Idea's to pack in it: a kettle with tea & mugs etc, important documents and numbers, a paper and pen for meters, keys, a snack or maybe a popular baby's toy.
- Chest of draws, if the draws come out you can leave light items like clothes in them, we will take draws out and put back in to transport.
- Have a clear out of unwanted items, the less to move the more competitive the quote, lofts and garages are the main culprits for clutter. If you have a lot of junk to clear we also do clearances let us know what you're looking to clear for a quote.
- You don't know how much you have until you move, we hear this every single day! Therefore get packing A.S.A.P you maybe able to put the boxes in the garage out the way or by the door so they are 1st on the van.
- Green is Good. Don't forget you can always recycle items by giving them to charity, we have several places we take reusable furniture to if you have some furniture or white goods to get rid of let us know and we will see what we can do for you.
- Label all boxes & Write on the brown tape, this means we can recycle boxes.
- Start running down freezer food usally 2/3 weeks before hand.
- Top Tip: Do not plug your fridge or freezer in until 3 hours after it has been dropped off in your new home. Let the gas's settle, otherwise you will have to buy a new one, it's that serious!!!
- Take Meter readings in both properties.
- Ask the Post Office to re-route mail & let all your mailers including friends and family your new address.
- Library - Remember to take back any books you still have on loan.
- Find out when you pick your keys up.
- Make sure boxes aren't ridiculously heavy if you only have larger boxes try putting half heavy books then cushions or clothes (for example) for the rest of the box.
- Flat packing your own beds, wardrobes or desks if necessary will save us time and therefore your money. With wardrobes label the parts to make it easier to put back together.
- Make sure there is sufficient parking for a removal van outside both properties.